We strive to be your complete dental home. General, cosmetic, and restorative procedures are all available. Take a look at our list and call 607-756-4574 with any questions.
General Dentistry Services
Preventive Care Visits
Your preventive care visit is the bi-annual appointment for cleaning and examination. It gives us a chance to check for any changes in your oral health and thoroughly remove plaque and tartar buildup that can cause multiple oral and physical health issues if not kept in check.
This visit includes:
- Teeth Cleaning: One of our skilled dental hygienists will remove plaque and tartar and then polish the teeth to make sure they are clean. They will also floss your teeth.
- Dental X-rays: Periodically, digital X-rays are taken so that Dr. Whipple can assess your teeth for decay or bone loss.
- Dental Exam: In addition to looking at your X-rays, Dr. Whipple will do a full examination of your mouth. He will check your teeth for cavities and ensure that any fillings or other restorations are intact. He will evaluate you for gum disease and do an oral cancer screening.
Restorative care consists of dental visits in which we repair or restore any damage to the teeth caused by cavities, cracks, or other issues. Restorative procedures include:
- Fillings: Tooth-colored composite resin is used to fill areas after decay is removed.
- Tooth Extraction: Teeth that must be removed due to damage or other reasons are removed with appropriate anesthetic.
- Bone Grafting: In the event of a tooth needing to be extracted, a bone graft can replace the missing bone in preparation for an implant.
- Root Canal: Decay that has spread to the nerve of a tooth is repaired via root canal therapy. We remove the infected pulp from the tooth, clean the inside of the tooth, and add medication if needed. If the area of damage is large and has caused structural damage, a crown may be necessary to strengthen the tooth so it functions appropriately.
- Dentures: In areas where there are missing teeth, removable partial or full dentures can be fabricated to replace the form and function of those teeth.
- Crowns & Bridges: A bridge is a permanent partial denture. The teeth on either side of the tooth are prepared and used to hold the bridge in place. A crown looks just like a natural tooth. It is used to protect a weak tooth, a broken tooth, or restore an implant.
SureSmile® Clear Aligner system Delivers healthier smiles and the best patient experience.
SureSmile® Aligners are made by experts using the latest technology and proven materials. The aligners can be customized to even the most challenging cases. Precise processing of the data and thorough quality control ensure outstanding fit, excellent durability, and aligners so transparent they’re hard to detect.
Whether it’s cosmetic or oral health concerns, the SureSmile® Clear Aligner system provides the treatment needed to improve your smile and boost your confidence.
An implant is the optimal way to replace a missing tooth. We use a Cone beam CT scan to visualize the entire area prior to the placement of the dental implant. The implant post is inserted directly into the space left by the old tooth. After the bone heals around the implant post, the abutment is attached to the top, and a crown is added. We use BioHorizons® implant systems, one of the leading implant companies in the country.
Your Family’s Dental Home!
Friday - Sunday: Closed